Airedales As Art by SJ Merwin

Friday, August 29, 2008

But It's Cold Out Here and He's My Brother - Airedale Welsh Terrier Art - by Sandra Merwin

Everyone who is involved in rescues tries their very best to help all the rescues. It is heartbreaking to know that some dogs get placed and others don't. Many rescuers save a dog from a kill shelter but know they have left so many behind. As I painted this painting, the Airedale was speaking for the dogs and saying, "But it's cold out here and he's my brother, why can't we take him home." The woman in the painting has almost a Madonna smile that says, yes, I want to help them all and I know I can only do so much... The second dog in the painting looks straight at the viewer and asks why he is abandoned and who will help?

But It's Cold Out Here and He's My Brother - Airedale Welsh Terrier Art
But It's Cold Out Here and He's My Brother - Airedale Welsh Terrier Art, painting by Sandra Merwin

About This Painting:
This painting is about the homeless dogs and rescues. 20% to NARA, National Airedale Rescue

Media: Acrylic on Canvas
Size: 8 in X 10 in (20.3 cm X 25.4 cm)
Price: $100 USD

How to Purchase:

send me an email



Sorry this painting is SOLD

1 comment:

Molly and Taffy said...

Just found your site! Lovely drawings and paintings.
I have An Airedale and A welsh Terrier, both rescues. Your paintings show their unique characters.

Molly and Taffy

http://airedalemollyandwelshtaffy.blogspot.com